Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Germany

Hello everyone,

Just a little presentation of myself.
    I'm a French guy living and working in Germany. As I travel a lot between Germany and France, I managed to buy some clocks this last few years using Kleinanzeigen or Leboncoin.
    Reading and watching videos from Mackey and through out this forum, I found a lot of useful informations to "revive" some clocks and I decided to sign up to exchange with other fans and continue reading this forum but not as a guest anymore.

I have around 20 different models including one Universum for which I can't find any information about (rotating tiles, not flipping), a rare brown Japy 6801 (drum roll clock) and others....
    Lately I brought back from France two clocks not tested yet (Sony and Grundig).
    Since the beginning of my collection, I am desperately searching for a Lumijaz (or Lumitime made by Tamura), but no luck for the moment.​

I still got 4 clocks with gear problems :
    - Elac RD-100 and Seiko SD571, same motor for both and same gear problem as can be seen on this page;
    - ITT Nova GB13, same gear problem as can be seen on this page;
    - Artin 313, completely broken gear....
    I hope to find tips on how to buy or rebuild this gears.

Cheers,
    Karl
    Last edited by GermanKarl; October 27, 2023, 01:37 AM.

Hello Karl and welcome to this forum!

You have built a nice collection already! That Japy 6801 is very rare indeed. It has the same mechanism as my Neox but I also quite like the shape of that Japy.

For the repair of the copal motor gears in Elac and the Seiko see these two posts:
    first gear: https://www.flipclockfans.com/forum/...-a-copal-motor
    last gear: https://www.flipclockfans.com/forum/...al-gear-repair

For the Artin motor maybe this post helps (if it is the pinion gear that is broken):
    I'm going to be documenting the repair of this Artin 3500. This is my first flip clock that I bought back in 2020. It was broken, parts only. What were the problems? - A flip card had a broken leg, so it wouldn't stay in place. - Broken gear. The main spinner gear (I don't know the name) was broken into pieces. I discovered

Hope this helps and feel free to ask further questions

Comment

Thank Johan for your welcome.
      Exactly, the Japy has the same mechanism as the Neox but I find the Japy design prettier. I'll try to post some pictures of it and perhaps a video.
      I'll take a look at the posts you suggested for the gears.
      Thanks again !

Comment

Working...
      X