Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete Listing of flip clocks on TV and in the movies.

Collapse
This has been set as a "sticky" topic and will remain at the top.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a movie from Japan "『森崎書店の日々』(もりさきしょてんのひび)" (morisakishotennohibi). It's a story about a girl and old bookstore which selling secondhand books in Tokyo. Full of vintage image.this lamp with flipclock made by National (LB-600) show up.
    If you like 1960s-1980s maybe you will like this movie.

here is some printscreen and the lamp in my room.and all the clock I have collected.
    Instgram:https: //www.instagram.com/ahray_mono/
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi to all flipping guys, is this thread still actual?
      I read through all the pages, but i think, it isn't mentioned yet:
      "American Gigolo" from 1980. Panasonic RC-6030 in woodgrain brown. Richard Gere switching it off by himself.

To all of you who repainted it white...

Comment

• Mackey
        Mackey commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yes. We're still trying to find them all! Thanks.

The show is a recent one on Apple +, called Hello Tomorrow!, very much a visual mix of retro future mid century design elements. Reminds me of the Fallout game universe. I spotted what looks like a GE model 8113.

S1, E2 (Great Salesmen Make Their Own Turf) @ 1:46.
      Beginning of episode, appears the top and front was painted to match the machine it is attached to, although the bottom and side look like they could still be the walnut. As is typical the GE logo appears removed. It flips from 5:59 to 6:00pm, to show the character is leaving work for the day.

Click image for larger version  Name:	hello-tomorrow-flip.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.5 KB ID:	27605

Click image for larger version  Name:	hello-tomorrow-flip2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	286.1 KB ID:	27606
      The only issue is the bezel inner recess of the one in the show, perhaps this just shows the clock flipping was added in post production and isn't lining up perfectly. They may have also increased the size of digits in relation to the clock body somewhat.

Comment

Another Apple TV+ series (Silo), flashes a flip clock changing minutes. S1 E8 (Hanna) 31 min 4 sec

Click image for larger version

Name:	siloS1E8-slipclock-smll.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	28311

The case seems to be this style of Seiko but the internals and font do not match, so seems another where the digits are being added in post production.

Comment

Movie License to Drive (1988) - flip clock TOP Panasonic RC-707B (Panasonic RC-6551)
          Attached Files

Comment

In the movie Reservoir Dogs at 1:15:13 a yellow Copal 229 can be seen to the left of Mr. Orange's hand as he reaches to turn off the stereo.

Name:	hi.png
Views:	95
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	28874

Comment

Originally posted by lololimmk View Post
              In the movie Reservoir Dogs at 1:15:13 a yellow Copal 229 can be seen to the left of Mr. Orange's hand as he reaches to turn off the stereo.
              Great Catch!

Name:	RD101023.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	28946
              I tried to get a clearer picture off Netflix. Seems the clock may be at: 7:48. That's about it.
              ~ Mackey Site Administrator
              If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
              If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Apple TV, Show: For All Mankind, S4E4. Time: 21:24

Name:	allmankind-geclock.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	29197

Model: Maybe a GE 7-4305F or similar.
                This scene takes place during the alternate history 1990s, inside a Soviet Union space program office. Given that I find the choice of a GE branded clock an interesting one.
                The scene was fairly dark and I have increased the brightness to see the clock better.

Comment

I was watching the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers, 1978 " and there it is

Comment

• RetroFlip
                    RetroFlip commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks like the Sunbeam model that was a rebranded Copal 703. I think that's the first Sunbeam for TV or movies found.

Movie: "Something About Mary", 1998
                  Bedside clock radio @ 1:24:43
                  Panasonic RC-6530

Name:	somethingmaryRC-6530.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	29358

Comment

This has already been mentioned ... but there is also a movie mistake.
                    In the movie The Amityville Horror (2005) with Ryan Reynolds the Panasonic RC-6030 (props dept has blocked out the "Panasonic") in one scene goes from a Panasonic RC-6030 to a RC-6040 (with the "Panasonic" visible). Clearly a movie mistake.

Click image for larger versionName:	RC-6030.jpgViews:	0Size:	45.1 KBID:	29468
                    Click image for larger versionName:	RC-6040.jpgViews:	0Size:	37.7 KBID:	29469

As far as I can tell, this only happens once in the movie.
                    There are 7 scenes depicting the RC-6030 very clearly - and the clock is an important part of the videography. It's definitely going to be high on my upcoming top-ten movie or TV flip clocks video.

Comment

Netflix movie, "White Noise" (2022) at 1:39:48 has a Panasonic clock radio that may be an RC-6030

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-01-22-21h16m54s158.png
Views:	33
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	29501

Comment

House Party (1990) at about 2 mins 8 seconds in has what appears to be a Lloyds fm/am weather clock radio, probably Model J-229.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-25 222348.png
Views:	19
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	29677

Comment

Working...
                        X