Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete Listing of flip clocks on TV and in the movies.

Collapse
This has been set as a "sticky" topic and will remain at the top.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of a video

~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Browsing Netflix today, came a across a 2011 Singapore horror film called 23:59. That's seems like very flip friendly title, doesn't it? Sure enough with a quick timeline search...at 4:41. Impending time changes are a little more tense with a flip clock I think...
      I didn't turn up a match but it looks like another newer battery powered one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2359clock.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	11837
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice find! Clocks that look like this are to be found on ebay, but if they're an exact match...?

Comment

Comet TV has been running Night Gallery episodes. Night Gallery was Rod Serling's anthology series follow up to The Twilight Zone and ran from 1970 to 1973.

It was produced in that cheesy 70's drama style that hasn't aged well, but still has some good stories, and is chock full of well known actors and celebrities.

Watching these as a little kid scared the crap out of me. They're not so scary any more.

I've watched about 10 episodes recently and found the Copal 601 in two of them. I'll keep watching and see if I run across more.

Season 2 Episode 8, aired November 10, 1971, "The Diary," staring Patty Duke. At about 15:00 minutes in, Patty Duke's character is at her psychiatrist's office. The scene opens with a pan of the office, and on the credenza behind the doctor is the clock.

Name:	picture6.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	11863

Season 1 Episode 2, aired December 23, 1970, "The Little Black Bag," staring Burgess Meredeth. Opening scene is in a future time-travel control center. Three Copal 601s are in a wall panel. Two have been modified to show year and month and the bottom one left alone.

Name:	picture7.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	11864

Comment

Originally posted by toranders View Post
            Comet TV has been running Night Gallery episodes. Night Gallery was Rod Serling's anthology series follow up to The Twilight Zone and ran from 1970 to 1973
            That's a really cool find, I like this line of Copals, the glass face and the aluminum body give them a bit more heft.

It looks like nbc is also streaming this show right now: https://www.nbc.com/night-gallery

Comment

Originally posted by toranders View Post
              Season 2 Episode 8, aired November 10, 1971, "The Diary," staring Patty Duke. At about 15:00 minutes in, Patty Duke's character is at her psychiatrist's office. The scene opens with a pan of the office, and on the credenza behind the doctor is the clock.
              Excellent find!! Thanks.

Comment

flipoclock was asking about one seen in breakfast club.
                Looking it up I would say its a Panasonic RC-6035
                Timestamp is 32:51 ish.

Name:	breakfastclub1.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	12093

Name:	breakfastclub2.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	12094

Comment

Originally posted by RetroFlip View Post
                  Looking it up I would say its a Panasonic RC-6035
                  I think you're absolutely right. I had no idea there was a flip clock in that movie.

Comment

Netflix, Community, S4E4, Time: 12:53m Random set piece on shelf.

Name:	coumminty-flip.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	12735

Think it's a Twemco BQ-100.

Name:	twemco-BQ-100.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	12736

Comment

Netflix, Show: 1983 (2018 crime drama series, first Polish original series for Netflix) Set piece, main characters desk, shows up randomly, S1E3 Time: 17:50 min in.

Name:	1983-deskclock.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	12739
                      Battery operated clock, looks like a currently made one from China, appears to show a square label on back, dimensions don't match exactly what I've seen though.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	The Call 02.05.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.8 KB ID:	13086 Click image for larger version  Name:	The Call 06.25.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	13085 Click image for larger version  Name:	The Call 07.07.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.8 KB ID:	13084TV Serie, The Twilight Zone (1985) Season 3 Episode 44, original air date November 19,1988, Time 02:05, 06:25 and 07:07 min.

Comment

Cool! Never seen a Copal 201 in a series/movie before, it's a nice color too!

Comment

Those 201s are one of my favorites. Thanks for letting us know about that one!

Comment

Watching some SCARFACE highlights and noticed what I looks like a Copal 801 on the shelf unit behind Frank Lopez just before he is killed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9cWhCU-Fq0 The clock appears to be switched on as it flips at 8:23 Clearest view is at 10:50

Comment

Originally posted by MuzzaL View Post
                                Watching some SCARFACE highlights and noticed what I looks like a Copal 801 on the shelf unit behind Frank Lopez just before he is killed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9cWhCU-Fq0 The clock appears to be switched on as it flips at 8:23 Clearest view is at 10:50
                                Good find. Those clocks are expensive and rare.

Name:	coopal801.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	13331

Comment

Working...
                                X