Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Argentina!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Argentina!

Hi everyone! My name is Delfina, I'm from Argentina. I'm pretty new to fixing vintage electronics. I recently started with a General Electric Radio Clock ( I love Radio Clocks) and it did quite well.
    Now I got my first flip clock, a Panasonic RC6010 which is quite dirty and the clock doesn't work.

I also wanted to ask you what tools you recommend to buy for start fixing vintage (besides a screwdriver, which I already have hah) based on your experience.

Thanks ! and sory if my english is quite bad.

Have a great day!

Delfina

Hola! Welcome to the forum. Your English is just fine.

The RC-6010 is a great, classic flip clock. Easy to work on and maintain.

So, for tools, you will want the following to start:

-Small, jeweler's screwdrivers for very small screws.
    -Soldering iron (replacing lamps, etc.) See this thread: Soldering Irons - What to buy - Flip Clock Fans Forum
    -Oil/lubricants. See this thread: Oil types and you...what do these motors want? - Flip Clock Fans Forum

Comment

• delffig
      delffig commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!!

Welcome to this wonderful forum! What I also find handy are some (plastic) prying tools to pry open cases. Be careful for prying can also damage or break your case, but in some cases it can be very helpful and less damaging than prying with a screwdriver for example.

Comment

Welcome Delfina! I think you may be the first member from Argentina.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
      X