Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Cifra 3 – Hour Flap Stopped Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern Cifra 3 – Hour Flap Stopped Moving

Hi Flipclockfans,

I have had a battery powered (1-2 year old) Cifra 3 and it the hour flap stopped moving overnight, and was stuck on "09:XX". The clock would go from "09:59" to "09:00" all over again. I initially thought of batteries and changing them did restart the hour flap, albeit temporarily, and it got stuck again (interestingly) on "09:XX".

I have disassembled it the mechanism from the casing, did a very light cleaning of what I could see without disassembling further. This restarted the hour flap, but again, it got stuck the next day on "08:" this time.

One thing I can see inspecting it visually is that the two flap mechanism are not aligned. When you look closely at the clock, you will note that the line between the minute and the hour flaps is not aligned and the hour flap sit slightly upper, by a millimetre I would say.

It is the second time this happens with a Cifra 3 (I had another clock suffering from the same issue, it was sent back to Solari). Do you have any idea of what I could do myself to get it going again? Anyone has any experience with these?

Thanks!

See this post:

Cifra 3 problem and fix - Flip Clock Fans Forum

I have fixed 2 of them due to the problem I detailed in that post. It is a design flaw.

Comment

Working...
    X