Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twemco QT30T Malfunctioning?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Very detailed disassembly of my clock! I will have to do some checking on mine. Not sure if the changing the 59 will work or not but it is worth a shot. I just wonder if 30 seconds later it will change to 01?

Here is the official reply from Twemco about my problem:
    Hi Greg,

Thank you for contacting us regarding issue with your QT-30T.
    Please don’t worry – This is certainly not a defect and can be resolved easily.
    We have a number of overseas customers contacting us with very similar issues.
    As far as we are aware, this behavior normally occurs in surroundings with low humidity, where static electricity generates in between the number plates, causing them to attract and stick together.
    To resolve this – Please put a few pieces of paper under the rear part of the stand of your clock in order to make it slightly leans forward.

--
    Best Regards,
    TWEMCO team

TWEMCO INDUSTRIES LIMITED
    Flat 2-5, 2/F, Cheung Fat Industrial Building,
    64-76 Larch Street, Tai Kok Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
    Tel: (852) 2396 0775 | (852) 2789 1062
    Email: info@twemco.com | Website: www.twemco.com

Comment

Thanks for also sharing the response from Twemco. It is a bit of an odd one though, they seem to talking about how to prevent this from happening, but what do you when this has already happened...? Well, we know now, thanks to Mackey, but not thanks to Twemco, right?

Comment

So, taking what I learned from the disassembly video and the official Twemco reply, I disassembled my clock just enough to gain access to the front and using a paper towel and some clear silicone spray. I "lubricated" the upper part of the 59 to hopefully stop any static cling. Results: In the short term, it worked! Now the jump from say 7:59 to 8:00 is straight to 8:00, NOT 8:59 with a 25 second wait to 8:00. Thinking back, during the drier months of ownership, the clock performed perfectly, with late spring and the humidity, it started acting up. It really looks like the 59 was stuck to the 00 with static and it stayed stuck until, as the 01 was getting ready to drop, it forced the 00 to drop.
        Will the fix last? Time will tell.
        Thanks to all who provided information on this journey to the proper transition to 00!

Comment

Working...
        X