Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic RC-7021 tiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic RC-7021 tiles

A few questions about tiles ...

1st and foremost- does anybody have a clock that that have cannibalized for numbers. I recently bought a clock and 2 tiles broke off (small tabs) during shipping and I’m looking to replace them. (See ole pics below)

2 what is the best way to clean tiles? (See time pic below)

3. where are the lights available from?

Personally, I think the best way to clean the tiles is with distilled water and a Q-tip. Anything else is risky. You may not be able to get them perfectly white like new, but they'll look alot better. I'm not sure what kind of light is in that clock but probably they're like the ones for many of the other panasonics (see this thread).
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

I found my junk RC-7021 and unfortunately the clock mechanism is gone. I do have the motor and found out that it's a 60CY motor (file that away).
      Anyway, the bulb is a neon glow bulb. It's unusual in that the resistor is way back on the power rail. It's a strange resistor too. It's a 3 banded resistor and I can't figure the value .... but according to calculation from the voltage and current I measured it should be 98K or around 100K.
      To me the bulb looks like the A1A (aka NE-2). These usually call for a 100 K Ohm resistor, so that makes sense. I installed an A1A and it looked great.
      Get an A1A bulb here

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6394.jpg Views:	3 Size:	34.0 KB ID:	10474 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6393.jpg Views:	3 Size:	102.0 KB ID:	10475

Disclaimer: I am not an electrician. I am not recommending that you do this - take it to a shop. Work on your clocks at your own risk.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	A973B2AD-18FA-4AF9-A64C-579B7193FBC7.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	10487 Look what I just found

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
          It's a 3 banded resistor and I can't figure the value
          3 band resistors read the same way as 4 band resistors except the tolerance band is missing - assume that they're 20%

I see that Panasonic RC 7021 has those angled tabs on the left hand side of every tile and that is a Copal mechanism?

Yet the Copal mechs in my Sony TFM C480E and four other Copal flip clocks only have a similar tab on the 'top 59/bottom 00' tile.

Strange eh.

Comment

Yes. It's a Copal mechanism. Thanks for the info on the 3 band resistor. Makes sense.

Comment

just in case you need more of these, this place is right down the street from me and I get a lot of things there...a good source to know about.

https://www.allelectronics.com/item/...on-lamp/1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jsabah View Post
                just in case you need more of these, this place is right down the street from me and I get a lot of things there...a good source to know about.

https://www.allelectronics.com/item/...on-lamp/1.html
                Thanks for the link!

Comment

Working...
                X