Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get replacement lights for Flip Clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get replacement lights for Flip Clocks

I frequently get asked where I get lights for flip clocks that I've worked on. You'll find there are various types and sizes of lights used. However in the famous Panasonics (RC-6025, RC-6015) and the related 6030 and 6010 I use the following:

Miniatronics Model 18-024-20
    Incandescent lamp
    12 Volt 50mA 5.5mm diameter

They are $17.23 for 10 at the miniatroics site (not including shipping)

or $24.99 with shipping on eBay: Listing as of (1.25.20)

I am not associated with either of the above, by the way.

I personally get mine at a local train hobby shop.

To make them look and fit the same, I use a piece of white shrink wrap tubing. I believe the voltage going to the lamp is less than 12 volts, but using the 12 volt light will ensure it will last much longer.

There are other clocks I've worked on that use a neon glow, but we'll talk about those another day. If anyone else has a supplier please share.

post updated 1.25.2020
    Last edited by Mackey; January 25, 2020, 09:36 PM. Reason: updated links and prices
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Do you think you could explain a little about the process of actually changing the light bulb?

Comment

Originally posted by arkitip View Post
      Do you think you could explain a little about the process of actually changing the light bulb?
      How about I explain a lot about it? Check out the following : Complete Restoration of an RC-6010.
      Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it.

Do you have any experience with GE clocks or do you mainly work with Panasonic?

Comment

Originally posted by arkitip View Post
          Thanks for the link, I appreciate it.

Do you have any experience with GE clocks or do you mainly work with Panasonic?
          Some. But you also need to remember that there are other visitors and members of this forum who might have experience also. So if you have a particular question, I'd just post it to allow others the opportunity to respond.

Comment

Thanks so much! Disregard my other comments regarding the bulb on this forum and YouTube. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X