Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compete Restoration of a Panasonic RC-6010 - Start to Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compete Restoration of a Panasonic RC-6010 - Start to Finish

Per Request, I've filmed a restoration - Start to finish for the Panasonic RC-6010. This is basically the same as the RC-6015 (the internals are interchangeable). The first video shows the disassembly, contact cleaning, and replacement of the clock light. The second shows the reassembly. These may be long boring videos ... unless you love these things like I do.

Restoration of the RC-6010

Reassembly of the RC-6010
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

I made it Mackey! Nice work. Very thorough. You almost want to make me buy one and try that. Almost! They really don't seem all that complicated. Have you ever had one that you could not fix?

Comment

Originally posted by whitaker717 View Post
      I made it Mackey! Nice work. Very thorough. You almost want to make me buy one and try that. Almost! They really don't seem all that complicated. Have you ever had one that you could not fix?
      Oh sure. I've had a few with non-working radios, burnt out motors, broken gears, missing flip tiles, cracked cases. Then I've had a few that were accidentally dropped in my possession .... Tragic.
      I can usually salvage stuff from a non-working one to fix another. There's really not any real money to be made. The only way you could make money us to get one at an estate sale.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Great videos - they're what brought me to this forum. I just got done cleaning my recent;y purcahsed RC6010 out after watching this video.

Comment

Working...
        X