Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: Completely working Panasonic RC-7469 clock radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Friendly Scientist View Post
    For a sociology class, I was researching about American megacorporations outsourcing labor in the 1970s and I found this Chevy promo film/documentary on YT. You'll see the Panasonic RC-7469 @ the 7:50 minute mark.
    Sounds like the US is bracing itself for an upcoming apocalypse that is to come full force in the 1980s. [STRANGER THINGS anyone? XD]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7tzuZQ24TE&t=489s
    I missed this post earlier. What a strange little film that was. Thanks for finding and posting this.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
      I'm playing with the idea of putting new capacitors in it to see if it makes a difference
      Electrolytic capacitors installed near heat sinks tend to fail over time, I understand the heat dries the electrolyte out, and those used in power supplies tend to fail to filter the ripple within specs as they age, I think the stress gets to them!

Comment

Well. That stupid RC-7469 arrived busted up a bit from the trip. Of course I'm working with the seller to see what we're going to do. But in any event, I'm not going to have a 7469 anytime soon. I'm pretty sure I've got a case in the basement, but I'm not up to digging it out (too many other projects). I did get the motor working and the internals (including mechanism) cleaned up great. It's good a good speaker, great buttons. Just need to get the case situated.
        The perils of flipclockery.

Comment

That stupid RC-7469 arrived busted up a bit from the trip.
          You could do a Kintsugi repair on it https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/...broken-pieces/

That would make it truly unique Click image for larger version

Name:	Kintsugi 2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	9966

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post

You could do a Kintsugi repair on it https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/...broken-pieces/

That would make it truly unique Click image for larger version

Name:	Kintsugi 2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	9966
            That's really cool. I like that. Of course, not for my clock though. But that's pretty interesting.
            But, I used the best but most dangerous method - superglue. Superglue fuses that plastic, but if it seeps through, can ruin the look, and especially damaging on fake woodgrain. The clock fixed up fine. But it still sucks that it happened. No one could see it really, unless I pointed it out (it's in a groove). Anyway, Kintsugi ... I'm going to show that to my artistic daughter.

Comment

Well. That stupid RC-7469 arrived busted up a bit from the trip. Of course I'm working with the seller to see what we're going to do. But in any event, I'm not going to have a 7469 anytime soon. I'm pretty sure I've got a case in the basement, but I'm not up to digging it out (too many other projects). I did get the motor working and the internals (including mechanism) cleaned up great. It's good a good speaker, great buttons. Just need to get the case situated.
              The perils of flipclockery.

Wish you the best of luck with that Mackey, mine arrived unscathed (although FedEx delayed the package by 3 days). It didn't have a sleep knob as I was aware, but when I opened the clock up, I found a second PANASONIC metal nameplate. Weird huh? Mine still has its original, but I guess I lucked out on an extra one!

However, the loose nameplate is about half a centimeter longer than the existing one, so I have no idea where that came from. Will post pictures of the process when I'm free!
              "Stupid is as Stupid Does"- Forrest Gump

Comment

Working...
              X