Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: Completely working Panasonic RC-7469 clock radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: Completely working Panasonic RC-7469 clock radio

I’m building up a 70’s Panasonic stereo setup in my room and this clock would help complete the look. Looking to pay under $100 shipped, I see the ones on eBay that are for sale at over $100 are sitting and not selling, and the ones under that are always broken; either the clock doesn’t run or it’s missing pieces.

Hope you find what you're looking for. I don't think people will come down on their price too much though. People get them for about 60-70 then try to fix them up. They'll sit on them before they'll sell them. If you need help getting one fixed up I could help you. There's one on eBay now with all the knobs. I'll send you a private message to let you know some details of how I do this.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Call me crazy, but I checked out that clock on eBay and the wood was in too good of shape to just let it go. I shot the guy an offer for $60 and he accepted. I forgot that my state now charges tax on all eBay stuff, but even so, with tax and shipping I got it for $77.19. So the deal is, if the OP does not want this clock, I'll sell it to any member of FlipClockFans for $77.19 plus whatever it costs to ship it to you. I'm going to make a video of the restoration first before I sell it. The only stipulation is that you will have to send me money via PayPal as a gift. Since I'm not a business and I'm definitely not making money off this, I'm not in violation of any law by not charging tax. If anyone is interested, but insists that when they send me the money they designate it as for merchandise ... you can not have this clock. If no one wants this ... I'll just keep it. .... I may just keep it anyway because the only better wood panels I've seen was on a new-in-box that I had in my hands once.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RC-7469.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.3 KB ID:	9856 This is the actual clock I just bought.

I think I'm going to go ahead and re-cap this one. Does anyone have a recommendation for a website to buy capacitors?

Comment

I love the 'numbers' on these Panasonic clocks, they look very spacy! The dials for AM/FM are also cool, I take it they light up (green?)?

Comment

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
          I love the 'numbers' on these Panasonic clocks, they look very spacy! The dials for AM/FM are also cool, I take it they light up (green?)?
          It's got a green selector arm but the letters are white/yellowish. The dials are lit up by a standard screw in incandescent type bulb (like a flashlight bulb). Those tend to last ages because they're not in use all the time. It's a very solid and good sounding clock Radio. The digits are indeed very unique. Kind of angular.
          I think I've decided that I'm just going to keep it this time.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mackey;n9855 Does anyone have a recommendation for a website to buy capacitors?[/QUOTE]

One of the suppliers I used to use in Australia was RS Components, they are an international company, they are very professional to deal with and they only sell quality components.

I used them for parts when I was repairing video game boards, power supplies, monitors etc and found them to be very good, they had everything I ever needed and could deliver very quickly.
            You may need to open an account with them, cheers Dave.
            PS That is a great looking flipclock radio, I'm keeping my eye out for one locally, as well as something that will show day date and time, I usually know what year it is

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
              I think I'm going to go ahead and re-cap this one. Does anyone have a recommendation for a website to buy capacitors?
              I've often used ELNA caps and found them to be long lasting except when you put them in reverse polarity, then it's Nov 5th and evacuate the room till the smoke and smell clears.

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post

I've often used ELNA caps and found them to be long lasting except when you put them in reverse polarity, then it's Nov 5th and evacuate the room till the smoke and smell clears.
                That would would make an interesting video though.

Comment

That would would make an interesting video though.
                  Yes it would, maybe do it outside with eye protection, start off with 1uF and work up to a few thousand!

Call it "Caps Breaking Bad" you know you want to, don't wait for July 4

Comment

Sorry to interrupt this conversation, but I'm interested if the OP passes. This is the clock that got me into this niche hobby. ^^
                    "Stupid is as Stupid Does"- Forrest Gump

Comment

For a sociology class, I was researching about American megacorporations outsourcing labor in the 1970s and I found this Chevy promo film/documentary on YT. You'll see the Panasonic RC-7469 @ the 7:50 minute mark.
                      Sounds like the US is bracing itself for an upcoming apocalypse that is to come full force in the 1980s. [STRANGER THINGS anyone? XD]

Support Our Channel : https://www.patreon.com/PeriscopeFilmProduced in the early 1970s as rising foreign imports caused the American auto industry to undergo...

Comment

Originally posted by Friendly Scientist View Post
                        Sorry to interrupt this conversation, but I'm interested if the OP passes. This is the clock that got me into this niche hobby. ^^
                        Sorry, meant 'may be'.
                        There's another RC-7469 that I'm currently eyeing on. I'll let ya you if plans for that falls thru ^^

Comment

Sorry, meant 'may be'.
                          There's another RC-7469 that I'm currently eyeing on. I'll let ya you if plans for that falls thru ^^
                          My plan is to get the clock and make a video of the restoration... It looks like it may be in very good condition externally ... we'll see, it's supposed to get here tomorrow (Thursday). Still possibly going to sell it without making a profit. I'm playing with the idea of putting new capacitors in it to see if it makes a difference, .... not sure yet. I'll keep you posted. Right now the OP is still considering I think.

Comment

My plan is to get the clock and make a video of the restoration... It looks like it may be in very good condition externally ... we'll see, it's supposed to get here tomorrow (Thursday). Still possibly going to sell it without making a profit. I'm playing with the idea of putting new capacitors in it to see if it makes a difference, .... not sure yet. I'll keep you posted. Right now the OP is still considering I think.

New capacitors? The only time you need to 'recap' are the antique radios that use the wax paper caps. But nevertheless, I'm curious as to how much of a difference new caps will make.
                            As for buying it, I'll have to pass as well. I just won a RC-7469 on eBay without any competition, which is strange.

Comment

New capacitors? The only time you need to 'recap' are the antique radios that use the wax paper caps. But nevertheless, I'm curious as to how much of a difference new caps will make.
                              As for buying it, I'll have to pass as well. I just won a RC-7469 on eBay without any competition, which is strange.
                              I've wondered about this. Thanks for responding to this. I know people who restore and they ALWAYS replace the capacitors. I've never noticed any indication that they needed replacement. It seemed almost ... just a thing to do ... I don't know.

Clock just arrived today.

Comment

Working...
                              X