Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caslon 601 knob and operation indicator replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caslon 601 knob and operation indicator replacement

Hello,

I found a Caslon 601 for 26€. The clock is in quite good condition and working perfectly. However there are 2 problems. The first one is the missing time adjustment knob and the second is the broken operation indicator (that I removed).

I know it will be difficult to find this 2 parts so I was wondering if someone knows how I could replace the knob to be able to adjust time and date.
    Actually I have to open it and adjust it via the gears....not the best solution and it seems with the motor in place I can not adjust the time, weird...

Here are pictures of the clock

Click image for larger version  Name:	Calson 601-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	271.7 KB ID:	29622
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Calson 601-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	290.9 KB ID:	29623
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Calson 601-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	239.2 KB ID:	29624

These knobs are often missing. It is a left hand thread (and that is probably the reason they get lost as people intuitively turn it right and unscrew the knob).
    I found a replacement in the windup knobs from an old windup alarm clock. The thread fits but I still have to modify the handle to make it fit the case.

I don't have a replacement for the operation indicator. If you are handy you may be able to make one as it is a simple disc with a striped sticker on the edge.

Great looking clock btw! The red leather looks really good on this one and it appears to be in very good condition. And at that price this is a real bargain!

Comment

Thanks for the advice Johan

Comment

Working...
      X