Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noisy Karlsson Open Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noisy Karlsson Open Case

Hi, I'm new here but a long time flip clock enthusiast.

I was hoping someone could give some advice on how to service a Karlsson minimal open case flip clock? I've had it for 2 years, and over that time the ticking has gotten progressively louder, to the point that it's now distracting.

I'm aware that lubrication can be a little lacking on this model, so any info on how to get into it (I think the plastic housing may be glued), and what lubricant to use would be greatly appreciated.

Failing that, any recommendations on UK based repairers would also be handy, as I have a couple that need some attention.

Thanks in advance...

Ben

I am here with the same issue and same question!

Comment

Originally posted by localoneway View Post
      I am here with the same issue and same question!
      I did not believe that it was you, Delman.
      Until I saw this.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

localoneway
        There was a post on this a while back

Item : Karlsson Flip Clock No Case, Black (KA5601BK) Purchased : December 2018 via Online Order (Wayfair) Location: Los Angeles, CA https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31mrm4UNW1L._AC_.jpg So around 6 months ago, I'd noticed this clock began lagging by a minute and assumed it was due to indoor temperature

However, I don't think there was ever a satisfactory resolution.
        I had a similar type clock that started doing this and I just boxed it up and thought about working on it later.
        I could get this back out and look at it and let you know.

I'm going to send you a message regarding this situation.
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Hey gang,

Did anyone ever find a good resolution for this issue? I'm one step away from removing the circlips and taking the thing back to loose cots.

Tried machine oiling the visible bearings but this thing still sounds like a mechanical woodpecker. So sad as it's such a beautiful thing.

Hoping to hear we've had big success

Comment

Working...
          X