Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copal T11 - help wanted it doesn't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copal T11 - help wanted it doesn't start

Hello,
    First let me introduce myself, I'm french and live near Paris. I love flip flap clock and especially with battery and the copal brand. I have Vedette, Copal and Heurovision flip flap clock.

I bought a copal T11 in a very good exterior aspect (no dust, no electronic burned) you can see the picture.

My problem : when I insert the battery (a new one) I pulled the small metal part and the big wheel (grey and white one, the big one) turn and stop turning. I precise that the light works.

Inside everything seems turning (the gears)

I read about inserting some oil but I dont want to do something the clock (and me will regret ;-)

So I wish some of you can give me good advice.

Many thanks for your help and happy new year

Albin
    Attached Files

Hello Albin, and welcome to the forum!

That is a really nice clock you got there. If I understand correctly, the motor can be started but then quickly stops. I had a similar issue with my Flash/Vedette.
    I suggest to separate the motor from the rest the mechanism. You can then check if the mechanism does not require too much force to move. You can also check if the motor will keep running without a load.
    If both are ok, then it might be that the motor needs a little oil. I would use a light oil (I use motor oil but any light oil will do) and lubricate the ends of all the fast turning axles. A very small amount wil do. One way to do this is to apply it using the end of a toothpick or something alike. Any excess you can remove using a tissue.

Hope you get it working!

Comment

I can't add much but it's a tuning fork controlled model, like T7, some other posts on this forum that might be worth looking at (if you haven't already):

Images attached! I owned one of these (I believe a yellow one) years and years ago and because that one was working perfectly, I never bothered to look

Just bought this orange Copal tuning fork flip clock a few minutes ago, I think it's a T7 The descrption was "Not working Looks in great condition, but unable to get it to work. It starts to turn with the 'start' switch is pressed, but soon stops again." I'm pretty excited about my first orange flip clock which is

Comment

Many thanks for the 2 comments I will try this during next week and tell you if it works again

Comment

Working...
        X