Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic RC6700/Tamura motor replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic RC6700/Tamura motor replacement

Hello, I recently picked up a Panasonic RC6700 clock with a faulty motor. Upon opening it, it seems all the gears have become worn or cracked, and I doubt I can ever fix those. Does anyone know where I could get a suitable replacement motor? It seems to be a normal-looking gearmotor, so there’s probably a usable substitute somewhere. I would just need to figure out the RPMs of this motor

Are you sure of that model number? I thought that the RC-6700 had an LED readout.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

It has a "readout" display, but it's actually an electromechanical design. With a motor made by Tamura, I'd guess it's some variation of a Lumitime design but I cannot find any other clocks made with this particular mechanism

Comment

Thank you so much, this is great news. I might be picking up a working TFM-C770, so I’ll see if it has a similar motor (if so, I’ll find another one to cannibalize lol)

Comment

Update: I've given it some time and have some new thoughts/theories.

This thing, while in good physical shape, will need a lot of work to get going.
          Every neon is broken/burned out so I will have to change all of those.

Based on the condition of the mechanism and the silicone covering where the motor bearings would have been, I'm guessing someone at some point tried to put an oil into it that harmed the plastic. Theres a random piece of metal stuck over the motor as well like a mounting clip, but its clearly a random torn piece.

I watched the TFM-C660/770W video and saw that these do in fact share the same motor. Is there any way to tell what motor one might have based on a serial number or similar?
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X