Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A shipment from Japan! Copal RP-200, Panasonic RC-6035, Panasonic RC-6001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that thing has cleaned up nicely. Rock on!

Comment

Oh, and digging the red. Very nice how it turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by Engineer View Post
        Oh, and digging the red. Very nice how it turned out.
        Thank you! I'll take another look at that dust cover soon. I agree, it's a keeper clock for me.

A sneak peak at a new project: https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/p815597302

Comment

Yep, those are cool. Quite densely packed inside with that goofball form factor. The blacklight will be cooked or close to it. It uses the same type as all the other Sonys. This model was never sold in the US.

Comment

Yep, those are cool. Quite densely packed inside with that goofball form factor. The blacklight will be cooked or close to it. It uses the same type as all the other Sonys. This model was never sold in the US.
            Looks like it's a copal mechanism, so the hope is that it can be lubed and let loose and doesn't have any geartrain issues...

Comment

The brittle and yellowed plastic gearbox cover WILL eventually crumble and contaminate the gears. Even more now that it is compromised. Best to fully remove it. It's merely a dust cover.
              One item I want to go look at as soon as I get to 3D printing, however, it is not on top of my list

Comment

Originally posted by cyb3rbyte View Post

Looks like it's a copal mechanism, so the hope is that it can be lubed and let loose and doesn't have any geartrain issues...
                Sony always used Copal, except in their cyclotron-equipped units which were few, luckily!

Comment

Update to the RC-6001, I recently acquired another red RC-6001 and took the crystal, and top knobs from it to complete my clock. Then, I packaged it back together. It’s on eBay right now if someone wants to give it a home!

Now mine is nearly perfect. One of my favorite clocks, this one will always be in my collection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C533BC81-28FA-4E3D-B1CB-D1F3962DBF6C.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	364.6 KB
ID:	20525

Click image for larger version

Name:	8BAC052B-FD0D-4C75-988B-21D809B95F35.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	20526

Comment

Working...