Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rc 6010 transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rc 6010 transformer

hi gang,
    ive just bought an RC 6010, got it shipped to Australia, plugged it in and burnt out the transformer due to over voltage. So now I’m in the process of getting a power inverter from kens clock clinic but I will need a 110v transformer for it to work. Here in oz I can only get my hands on a 240 v. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi! I just did the same thing here in the UK! Bought a white 6010 and it started smoking . How did it work out for you? Any advice would be appreciated!

Comment

I don't understand how either of these 'letting the smoke out' events could have happened.

As far as I know there are no 100 or 110/120v overseas plugs that will naturally plug into either a UK wall outlet or an Australian outlet.

I would say that if the transformer has burnt out then a lot of the other electronic components will be toast too.

I doubt that just replacing the transformers will fix them, most of the flipclocks I've seen, with the exception of Sony, don't have fuses inside.

I've got an RC-6010 open at the moment and it has no visible fuses, I would say that the motor would also be toast if the voltage was doubled.

Last edited by davidm; May 29, 2020, 07:44 PM. Reason: Looked inside an RC-6010

Comment

You might not believe it, but there are.... Some smaller devices such as particular chargers, can automatically switch between 110 and 220v. These type of plugs should NOT be used for items such a clocks, radios etcetera, obviously

Comment

Hi Robert, I have just pm'd you a question. Warm regards.

Comment

Working...
          X