Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

220 to 110 Voltage converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

220 to 110 Voltage converter

Hello from Russia.
    I am electronics engineer and clock collector/seller.
    I am developed and sell voltage converters for run American clocks in other counries
    You can look it here and post questions in topic
    You can install this module inside clock, if it have free place or make external converter as shown on photo. NOT suitable for clocks with radio, radios, and other 110V devices. | eBay!

Thanks for the information! These are very reasonably priced. I'm hoping to learn how these work for people.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Once I have bought clock from eBay and couldn`t make it run in Russia. I was forced to develop a converter by myself. After half year of experements I have made this and install it in some clocks.

It have precision generator on 60hz and divisor 220/110 the rest is my know-how

Also I will plan to make it in case(as shown on one photo), but US socket is impossible to buy in Russia. I wait it from China

Comment

This is good information, it will be slightly too big to incorporate it in the case for most clocks that I have, but still, as soon as you have them in a case, I will be more than happy to buy one or two so that I can use a nice US clock here (= Ireland) too!

Comment

Thanks. I think it is impossible to make smaller, but I wil try to do it in new version. I couldn`t install it inside my Sankyo 401 and made external box. When I will have parts, I will made some pcs in boxes

Comment

Do not worry, external box is fine for me...... I'm curious to see what the end result will be and what the total cost would be. I would definitively buy one or perhaps more when I like it.

Comment

You can see the result in post about sankyo 401. It will cost approximately 55-60$ with shipping
              Attached Files

Comment

Do you have any idea when they will be available? I would like to buy one from you...

Comment

Two psc will be soon. For more I have no PCB because I am repairing many clocks and convert it to 220/50.
                  I will write, when it will be ready.

I ran into a problem. For differrent clocks I receive different results. Sometimes it heating and I install some resistors consistently to clock motor, but I don`t know how to make it universal.

Later I will draw schematic and post it here

Comment

I`v made 2 pcs. More is not expected in the near future

Comment

Price is 60$ with shipping.

Comment

Do you sell it as part of a Panasonic RC-6025/30?

Comment

I am not sell a parts

Comment

It's very interesting for me. I send message to You.

Comment

Working...
                            X