Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure how to sell/price clock radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how to sell/price clock radio

Hi, thank you so much for allowing me to join this group. I sell antiques on different platforms and usually only items that I know. I have acquired a Panasonic flip radio and alarm clock, the model # is RC-1103. This was my mother-in-laws. We believe it was taken out of the box but never used. It is in mint condition in how it looks and works. I was thinking of listing it in an auction but I'm not sure if I should list as an auction or buy it now. I'm totally baffled on where to start as I have no clue on value. Any suggestions? Thank you so much, your help is very much appreciated. Sorry that I cannot attach a picture, I'm unsure how to resize in order for it to send.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    For some help with resizing pictures see the following

The clock is not a top-dollar clock, generally speaking.
    The clock would fetch anywhere from $40 to $110 dollars in my opinion. But you never know. It's kind of random.
    If you put it for a Buy-it-Now for $110 it will sit there for weeks.
    You're more likely to get attention if you start the bidding at a reasonable amount (like $38 plus say $10 shipping). I see shipping costs not necessarily as a way to recoup all your shipping costs - but it will be close. You may get lucky, but again, there's no guarantees. It may just go for $38 - who knows.

Good luck.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

That's good advise there! In my experience it can differ a bit depending on the color of the unit. Was this clock not also available in a very sharp, light blue? That is a lovely color and might fetch a little bit more? I'm not too experienced with these clocks so could be wrong

Comment

• Mackey
        Mackey commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d be a buyer of a blue one. I used to think the blue was just painted by someone.

Thank you so much for the replies and information, it's very helpful and appreciated. Flip clocks bring back great childhood memories.

Comment

Hi, either auction or buy it now to maximize selling price, take some good pictures of all sides, including one of the front clear plastic and surrounding plastic chrome to highlight the like new condition, show the bulb is bright and functioning, that it is keeping good time for you and that the radio is working well. Wouldn't hurt to mention in the Auction what you said about the MIL and it's hardly used condition. If you can find the manual or original box, that will help as well.

Comment

look at the insane prices australian clocks are going for it's getting nutty .................................................. ....................https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/38450017...4AAOSwUbNhkc4V
          Copal Saehan RD 500 Retro Flip Clock Radio (Works Well). Condition is Used. Local pickup only.

Comment

Working...
          X