Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ken tech T-503 and R-325

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken tech T-503 and R-325

A year or so ago, I discovered that Ken Tech had briefly made a strange clock that used a motor and light bulbs to "simulate" a computerized digital clock. These things rarely come up for sale, and after many months, I finally got lucky. Since then, I've taken piles of photos and a good hour of video I keep saying I'll edit into something post-worthy, but haven't yet. Otherwise, the clock is still in it's box much the same as when I received it. The only change I made to it's storage arrangement was that I moved the cord so it put no pressure on the clock's case, so it doesn't get any marks in it as we've seen on other old clocks. It runs and keeps time, and the bulbs are brilliantly bright- I believe I was the first one to ever plug it in.

In short, I've run out of things to "do" with this clock. Originally I'd considered taking it to the club shows, or maybe making it a display piece, but as it is so close to "mint" so to speak, I couldn't do it. Now that I have other clocks that can be used to visually demonstrate this principle, it makes absolutely no sense for me to continue sitting on it when it might be better preserved, and indeed cherished by another collector out here. Maybe that collector is you?

I'm also selling a "companion piece" with this one, a boxed Ken Tech R-325. I picked it up a while back on eBay and much like the T-503, I don't really have a good way to display it. As they're both in their original boxes with inserts, I figured I'd put them together as a bundle. Give me a shout if interested!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cb5a2a614e99d659353358d7e12d151f.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	22858

Here's how they look in their boxes. The T-503 has the cord on top, rather than pressed against it's back, which is why the box isn't closed.

Name:	1f570c0e1d24bf0ab507e49fe33bba06.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	22860

The R-325 looks like this. I've done almost nothing with this one. It doesn't have the inserts, but does have the original foam and box.

Name:	bce75821b2c7c93313d56148547bf98c.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	22861

Comment

Working...
    X