Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were selling many clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you were selling many clocks

Over the years I collected a number of clocks of which flip clocks are probably only half. They were my main interest when I started, but after a while I fell in love with mid century design and so, I bought quite a variety of clocks.

Now I want to downsize and sell my clocks, keeping just a handful that have special significance to me.

Now, I know eBay probably remains the most popular place for something like this, but to be honest, it has changed so much over the years that I am considering alternatives, such a local antiques lace if they accept them in consignment.

However, this will probably not allow me to sell then as a collection and make take a very long time before I can sell them all (and I already have plans for the money). Any advise on what you would do?

My collection ranges from some pretty funky but not too valuable clocks all the way to a train station solari udine flip.

Hm. I guess this is not a very active forum

Comment

Hello - yes, it's not a very active forum. I tried asking for ideas where could I get a spare part for my flip clock, and nobody replied. But I fixed it, I'll be posting the results soon, hopefully.
      Concerning your question - I would still try to sell it online, maybe in parts. I know that it takes some effort and eBay will charge you for your successful auctions, but I cannot see myself going around shops. I sell my things online, it saves time.
      And it's a shame. The lack of activity on this forum. Flip clocks are fascinating things, they should be kept up and running and should definitely be used.

Matthew
      SAVE THE FLIPCLOCKS!

Comment

I have been away for ages!! Lots of reasons but no excuses. While this is old news... I was hoping that some day Lito, this forum may be a way for buyers and sellers to hook up and lose all the eBay fees etc.
        The problem with that is that the buyer would be taking quite a bit of risk (which is the reverse of the new and improved eBay which favors the seller).

Maybe I'll buy your clocks!
        Mackey
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
        X