Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling an HAC Plato Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling an HAC Plato Clock

Hi all

I have a Hamburg American Clock Company Plato clock that I would like to move on. It is in as found condition. On the plus side the movement is in working order and ticking strongly. All of the tiles appear to be present and the glass is good. The clock presents well but could do with a polish.

Some of the tiles are a little warped but that does not impede their movement. The clock will need to be serviced. The winding arm is loose and will need to be re-threaded. Also the knob to advance the tiles is missing and I have been using a pocket watch key (included) to adjust the time. The minute tiles sometimes stop half way and then catch up. This doesn't happen as much when the clock is raised at the front.

I know these clocks attract high prices when they are in good working order. This is more of an entry-level clock. I have a very similar Plato clock and really don't need a second one.

Asking US$185 plus postage

The clock has been sold.

Cheers,

Mark

Comment

Working...
    X