Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling a Copal II motor + more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling a Copal II motor + more

Parting out an old Panasonic RC-6493. Purchased non-functioning (but in excellent cosmetic shape) at an antique store as a lockdown project. I was able to get the copal 2 motor spinning again, and the radio sounds great. However, the clock changes hours about 6 minutes early on average (sometimes 5, sometimes 11 mins too early)—after many many hours of tinkering and watching instructional video after instructional video, I’ve decided to throw in the towel. I figure there might be someone here with more skills & patience than me who might want to adopt this project? Take it as is for $40 + $15 shipping or buy the COPAL II motor alone for $30 and I’ll piece the buttons, case and clock mechanism out separately to individual buyers here or in eBay. Let me know if you need any pieces off this unit - neon bulbs work, but barely.

-FlipClocksRock

Hi! I have unwound and am hopefully rewinding my COPAL II motor from my Panasonic RC 7589, which had open-circuited in December. This was a clock I got for high school graduation in 1970, but I digress. Could you attach some pictures of the motor just to make sure it is the same as in my clock? If so, and as you said it runs (which means the coil is continuous and not open), I'm interested in the motor assembly. Are you including the gear box as well? Thanks, Bill

Comment

I would like to purchase the motor if it's still available. My grandfather really loved this clock he purchased when granny was still with us, and we've diagnosed the motor has quit. Please let me know if we can make arrangements.

Comment

Working...
      X