Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FA: LONGINES SYMPHONETTE WITTNAUER CLOCK RADIO WORKING/RESTORED (CYCLOMETER)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FA: LONGINES SYMPHONETTE WITTNAUER CLOCK RADIO WORKING/RESTORED (CYCLOMETER)

Hello everyone - I hope this is OK to post - I recently had an interesting time trying to repair/restore a cyclometer-type clock radio and came across this forum. Although it's technically not a flip, I think it would have some common appeal here. I had to replace the neon bulb, the dial lamps, repair a cracked plastic cam that drives the clock minutes wheel, and repair the plastic clock mechanism mounts that were all cracked off. I also deoxidized the radio controls and gave the whole thing a good cleaning. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. I placed the radio and outboard speaker up for bids. When I fix up old things I sell them as-is because you never know what the future holds for these creaky old creatures. I have no idea what this is worth so I started at a dollar. I am located in northeast PA USA. Please check out the listing and the accompanying video:
    (eBay item number: 221998153039)
    LONGINES SYMPHONETTE WITTNAUER APOLLO 360 CLOCK RADIO W/ EXT SPEAKER LCR360 FLIP in Collectibles, Clocks, Vintage (1930-69), Alarm | eBay

Whoa, now that is an interesting design! Whenever I hear the words "Longines Symphonette" I instantly think of this fantastic rendition of Oye Como Va: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCGz5VbOBt0

I hope somebody will buy the clock, it is quite fantastic looking. Definitely a conversation piece.
    SAVE THE FLIPCLOCKS!

Comment

Working...
    X