Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copal Quartz QP-214 battery cover replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copal Quartz QP-214 battery cover replacement

Hi all from the Brisbane Australia, I am brand new to this forum and community. Very quick back story I have always been fascinated by this style of clock, I mean seriously it is related to my absolute favourite style of clock, the mechanical analog running clocks with a digital way to tell the time. I have never really looked at getting one though, but recently I just came across one on Gumtree for free. It looks to be in great condition except for the fact that it is missing the battery cover. The flipper in question is a Copal Quartz model QP-214.

Bow here is where I am stuck, I am wondering if before I get it, if there is maybe someone out there who either knows where I can get a replacement battery cover, or if someone has the files of a replacement that will fit so that I could then get a replacement 3D printed?

Thank you for you time in reading this, and I look forward to connecting with this community more. I also look forward to hearing a response, thank you again.

Hello and welcome to the club! That's a nice find, especially at that price
    I cannot help you with an actual battery cover but did find a photo of it online:

Click image for larger version

Name:	185081596332-5.jpg?v=1653664806.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	378.5 KB
ID:	29282

It does not look like a too complicated piece to replicate, either using a 3D printer or maybe craft it from some spare plastic (not ideal but it is at the bottom so not visible).

Comment

Working...
    X