Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GE 7-4305A Gear Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE 7-4305A Gear Needed

I'm looking for the plastic gear that connects with the metal motor gear on the clock.

Hi John,
    welcome to the forum

It would be helpful to give some details about the gear you need.

* number of teeth
    * diameter of the gear

also, a picture would really help.

Comment

There’s one on eBay now for parts. $29 something and free shipping.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

I just saw it too. Here’s the link

$19.99 + $4.99 shipping

Comment

The gear is the one that works with the metal motor gear.Click image for larger version

Name:	clock-gear.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	562.4 KB
ID:	13932

Comment

Great pictures.

I’m not familiar with that gear. Is this from a “flip” style clock or a rolling style (cyclometer) type clock?

The link I posted looks like a copal style motor/gear setup for a flip style clock. I don’t think that gear is part of that style motor and gear arrangement.

I’m only familiar with the flip style GE flippers.

Comment

It's the first gear that connects to the motor gear. This is a GE Flip clock; GE 7-4305A

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7419.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	450.2 KB
ID:	13945

Comment

Ok I see that their are several versions of the GE-4305. The letter at the end (A,B,C,D,F) designates several variations of that clock.

That gear is probably the weak spot on that clock. I have seen several that are for parts on EBay.

Comment

Name:	gear.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	14028I had the piece 3D modeled, and I'm getting it 3D printed. I'm having 10 made so when I run into this problem again, I have a fix.

Comment

Cool! How did you get 'them' to design it? Did you send them photos or the actual piece? Where are you getting it done?

Ideally I would like to purchase my own printer and start experimenting, but it's always good to have some alternative locations for options

Thanks

Comment

I found someone on Fiverr to 3D Model. I took detailed measurements and photos. Then I sent the file to Jawstec. I'm all in for about $45. I'll post the 3D gears when they arrive.

Comment

$45 sounds like a really good deal, provided that it works in the end. Fingers crossed!

Comment

I tested the 3D Printed gear, and it is working. They did a good job on them. The one in the middle is the original. I totaled up all costs, and shipping and I'm in for $55.

Name:	IMG_8002.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	310.8 KB
ID:	14115

Comment

• Donald Coleman
                            Donald Coleman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I know this is an old thread, but would you have one of the gears that you would part with. Than you.

Looks great! Those should last a lifetime.

Comment

That is very cool and happy to hear that. Good to know for I plan to buy a 3D printer in the new year to be able to start experimenting with things like this and also small plastic bits that might have broken off inside of a clock which I can then print and reglue and things of that nature.

Comment

Working...
                            X