Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Editing Posts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Posts

Some have noticed that you were not able to edit your posts on this forum. There is a long story about why this was done. I'm not going to talk about this in public.
    Anyway, I've edited site permissions to allow you to edit your post up to one hour after you've posted. I hope this helps.
    If you notice any funny behavior let me know please.

If you have older posts that need to be edited please send me a message.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Hi Mackey, I recently made an embarrasing post in the Flipclock restoration and repair thread Panasonic RC 6030 in Europe not working.

I couldn't edit/delete it straight after posting and when I quoted you it came up something like:n9909 instead of 'Mackey'

Weird, and I haven't opened any cans yet, honest!

Comment

I've double checked this, I just replied to jpteixeira45 in the 'Panasonic RC-6030 in Europe - Not Working' thread.

I had a cancel button while I was posting but no edit button after posting my reply.

I think there is supposed to be a short period in which you can edit a post but I didn't get any editing time period at all.

PS This is an edit, so I do have editing ability on some threads but not on others!

Comment

Thought I had it sussed, on one thread I used the Preview button and then couldn't edit straight after, but on another thread used the Post Reply button then could edit.

Aha, I thunked, if you use the preview button then post from that screen you can't edit afterwards, I was going to use the test post to check it out but posted yesterday using the Preview screen and then could edit afterwards!

I'm now thinking it's a quantum effect involving parallel ∞ universes

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post
          Thought I had it sussed, on one thread I used the Preview button and then couldn't edit straight after, but on another thread used the Post Reply button then could edit.

Aha, I thunked, if you use the preview button then post from that screen you can't edit afterwards, I was going to use the test post to check it out but posted yesterday using the Preview screen and then could edit afterwards!

I'm now thinking it's a quantum effect involving parallel ∞ universes
          These are all settings that I can adjust if needed.
          But speaking of parallel universes ... I made a video about this as it relates to flip clocks.

~ Mackey Site Administrator
          If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
          If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
          X