Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flip Clock Fans Turns Seven Years Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip Clock Fans Turns Seven Years Old

Believe it or not - On 23 Feb 2021 Flip Clock Fans turns 7 years old.

In the beginning it was just me, your humble Administrator. Talking to myself (at least I was talking to someone who cared). Then gradually, the forum began to build up. For a while we had a solid group of about 5 souls who chatted back and forth about flip clocks.

Fast forward to 2021. Flip Clock Fans is home to flip clock fanatics the world over. While not huge compared to other forums, it's a good size for a collector's forum. Not only this, but it is my belief that we now are how to the world's best restorers and collectors of flip clocks. Period.

To Celebrate I'd like to ask members to post their thought and feelings about our crew in this post. All who post (yes, even those outside of the USA) will be entered into a drawing for a little something. Not a clock, but a component that any fixer or restorer of flip clocks could use. More later - hopefully the winner will give feedback when they get it. Deadline for contest entry: 15 March 2021.

But beyond all that, I want to thank you all for participating in the world's premier place for Flip Clock Fans!
    Please share your comments below.

Edit: One of the little extras that will be included in the give away are no less than 7 new old stock green neon glow bulbs.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Well, congratulations to you for hosting and running a neat little site (AND thanks). Well, no longer little since it has world-wide reach! I think it's great for those who love these electro-mechanical machines to have a place to go for help or just to show off a little. It's fun to learn from and help others, too.

There really is no other place...a one-stop-shop, as it were, for these clocks and clock radios. It's interesting since, like other electronics, flip clocks were only around for a brief period before technology moved on. That's also a testament to the build quality of these things! I think enough of them were made that this site will have fans for a long, long time....as long as we all keep them running

Here's to many more years. Thanks again, Mackey.

No need for me to be in the drawing. I am just happy to be able to participate here.

Comment

• Mackey
      Mackey commented
      Editing a comment
      Really appreciate you being here! A Highly valued Member!

Seven years, wow! What a milestone!

I guess I'd start by saying thanks to you sir- scores of websites get built, but very few people stick with them in such a way that they become such useful and valuable resources. Given time and this place will be the "Radio Forum" of digital clocks, and that's a feat! I'm glad you realize the value this place has too; this place is a gem and you should walk tall for keeping it up so well all this time!

As for the crew here, it's amazing how many great people are on and active over here. I owe quite a few people here dinner and drinks for all the time, effort, and money they've all saved me, and I've only been here a year and a bit now myself! The notion that I can come in here with just about any question or problem and work through it with people who are equally interested in these old things as I am is absolutely wonderful. I'm proud to be one of the folks running around posting things here too!

Here's to many more great years and good times ahead!

Comment

• Mackey
      Mackey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the kind words and for being a valued member!

Congratulations from me as well. What a fantastic effort Mackey! I have learned so much in the short time that I have been involved with this wonderful forum and it has given me the confidence to attempt repair projects I initially thought beyond me. Everyone has been very supportive and inclusive and it's nice to know that so many others have this shared passion. The forum can only go from strength to strength in the future.

Comment

• Mackey
      Mackey commented
      Editing a comment
      And, as you know, we really appreciate your posts!

Congratulations!

This site just keeps getting better. I’m grateful to have this place to share my interest in these vintage clocks. I would be at a loss working though some of the challenges getting these thing back in operation. The how to videos are great with good step by step instructions and a slice of humor. Its amazing how we are all able to connect with this site. Thanks to all the members here.

Awesome job Mackey

Comment

• Mackey
      Mackey commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate that Jumblejeff! Your posts have been one of the reason we have such good content here!

Can't wait until we reach the next milestone!

A lot of this forum's success is thanks to the resilience of our forumstarter and owner, Mackey. Without his perseverance, the forum would not be here today, with as many (active) members as we have, making this forum such a cool place to be. There's always something new to read, learn or to contribute to!

Thanks!

Comment

• Mackey
      Mackey commented
      Editing a comment
      That is much appreciated, coming from a long time member and Contributor. It’s a badge of honor to have all the heavy hitters on our team!

Isn't the 7th anniversary gift a flip clock? just kidding. I binged watched every video that Mackey put out. it is an amazing evolution from man talking to himself to well produced short subjects. you should make a documentary movie. and the Oscar goes to...congrats
    Last edited by tonyofthelord; February 22, 2021, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Mackey
      Mackey commented
      Editing a comment
      You binged watched my channel?! I should just give you an award for that! Yeah, I had no idea what I was doing when I started making YouTube videos. I really enjoy it now, but it takes a while to make something watchable. Thanks for being a member, You do your part to keep it interesting and real! Thanks.

Sites like this one have been a good reminder that as vast as the internet is there are still many things that for one reason or another, isn't documented in a thousand places. I appreciate the historical insights and the piecing together of who what when. I feel like it would make a interesting coffee table book one day.

Comment

• Mackey
      Mackey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks RetroFlip! You and other members have directly helped people all over the world with your contributions. Appreciate you being here.

And the Winner is ......

sure hope the winner can take a joke ...

Comment

LOL...too funny

Comment

Thanks so much for keeping the site running Mackey! It’s been great to share some of my clocks and restorations here. Another year in the bag!

Comment

Wow! I'm honored, thank you sir! I will spare you all my cringe-worthy celebratory dance moves.

Many thanks again for keeping this great place going! Again, here's to many more good years ahead!

Comment

Apologies this took so long to put together, but I thought I'd take a moment to briefly share what was in the box! Many thanks again to Mackey for the goodies, and for running a top-tier resource! Many thanks all, you will be seeing more of all of this stuff soon!

Comment

I really appreciate this Performa. You're very well spoken, you seem very comfortable in front of the camera! I really enjoyed it and your kind words meant a lot.

I never did get around to putting those shirts out and mostly family and friends got them. I had them made about 5 years ago I even made a video about the meaning of all the components (this was just after Japan was getting over the Tsunami.) The details on how to get a shirt are no longer open though. As they say on eBay RARE shirt.

This was about the time that I learned that there remains much animosity against the Japanese from WWII. There are still people who feel this way about Germany also, but for some reason there's more animus directed towards the Asians.

I don't care. I hate what they did in WWII. It was atrocious and evil. But this is about the human spirit and the individuals that transcend politics and war.
              Kishi Kaisei 起死回生

Comment

Working...
              X