Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lumijaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lumijaz

Finally finished work on the Lumijaz that I bought from flipoclock a while ago!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030541.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	28476

I bought it as a works in progress as flipoclock had started taking the alarm mechanism apart for repair but ran into trouble trying to reassemble it (good reminder toalways take plenty of pictures before taking anything apart ). With logic thinking and help of some pictures I found online I was able to trace back where all the pieces should go. Actually putting the tiny levers and springs back in place then still took some frustratingly fiddling hours, but in the end I managed. Apart from the above I only had to replace one neon bulb and the accompanying resistor.

Name:	IMG_4962.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	310.7 KB
ID:	28478 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4963.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	28477

Lumijaz is the model name for a rebranded Tamura Lumitime KT-10C that was sold around 1975 by the French Jazz clock company.
    Here are links to two great sites where I found my information:
    JAZ Le Bon Temps
    Jazheure

Name:	P1030543.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	28475
    The Lumijaz was made has in two versions, one for 220V and one 120V, both 50Hz. I have the 120V/50Hz version and run it using a transformer. Which market this one was intended for is a bit of a mystery to me as 120V/50Hz is currently not used anywhere. It did find some clues that hint that in the past in some former French colonies like Madagascar and Vietnam 127V/50Hz was used, so maybe it was intended for these markets, but that is just a guess.
Working...
X