Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sears DigiTrek II radio stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sears DigiTrek II radio stopped working

Hi, I recently acquired a Sears DigiTrek II clock radio. The radio was working when I first plugged it in and I turned it off. When I went to turn on the radio again, the dial light came on but I got no sound. I checked for any loose wires and the capacitors looked fine. Is it possible it blew a capacitor or resistor? Is there anything else I should check for?

I've opened it up and looked at each component but didn't see anything obviously wrong. Maybe a couple caps are leaking a little. I will try replacing those. I did try cleaning the AM/FM switch but that did not help. Another thing I noticed was that the transformer gets very warm. Even after unplugging the clock, the transformer was too hot to touch and took a while to cool down. Could this be part of the problem? Or is this another problem on its own?

Comment

The model number is 800.20210400. It probably was just glue that I mistook for leakage. I replaced them anyway, but nothing changed.

Comment

I work on electronics some, but I don't know where you live and without seeing any pictures of the unit in question I wouldn't know what I'm looking at.

Comment

Working...
        X