Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telechron digi-tel/occlusion clock motor noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telechron digi-tel/occlusion clock motor noise

Hi, I have a clock radio with the telechron digi-tel "lumitime style" mechanism. I put in a rebuilt telechron s rotor but I can hear it when I'm near the clock and gets louder as the time changes. I tried lubricating the gears of the clock mechanism but it made little difference. It sounds like the mechanism is too much for the rotor to handle. I'm wondering how much noise is normal for this type of clock?
    Last edited by randytherat; November 5, 2022, 07:26 PM.

Hi Randy, I only just noticed your post.
    All Telechron and other motors I have seen of this type make some kind of hissing noise, especially when under load when the minute changes. How much noise depends on how much play the axles in the gearbox inside have developed by wear, as well as the state of the lubrication. But if yours has been rebuilt, then the latter should be no problem. Btw did you rebuild it yourself? I once tried to open up a Telechron S motor, but ended up demolishing the case.

I just acquired a clock with a digi-tel mechanism. This one runs very quiet. I have taken it apart for a minor repair and did not see any lubrication in the clock mechanism. The mechanism works surprisingly smoothly considering there are so many sliding components.

Comment

I purchased the rotor from timesavers.com. Engineer said these rotors are rebuilt and the case does look to have been resealed. I did purchase a second rotor and it made the same amount of noise.

Comment

Working...
      X