Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flip clock & cassette receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip clock & cassette receiver

I stumbled upon this in an audio forum. A vintage receiver with cassette deck and flip clock! Notice that the clock is displaying in 24 hour time.

Well, that is quite the find. The only other receiver with a flip clock that I knew of was the Yamaha CS-50/CS-70.

So, it could be from anywhere as we can see that the FM is the same as the US, Europe, etc. The only region with differing FM would be Japan. AM is the same worldwide. I wonder if it is multi-voltage compatible or for a set voltage region?

Weird that is shows no manufacturer labeling.

Comment

I noticed that there was no mfg. name on the front. The original post is here:

Although you may need to join the FB group "Vintage Stereo & Hi-Fi Equipment"

From the post:

Suruga is the brand. Unfortunately is a 200V model in Australia.

Greg

Comment

Well, I'm not on FB...oh well. Suruga...never heard of it so maybe it is a local brand to their region.

Comment

It was a Japanese brand. From another FB post:

Reclaimed Audio and Electronics

We’ve never seen another like this, and it would appear the Japanese Suruga brand of Audio have disappeared sometime after making this in 1975. That’s a shame—what a great product.
          A bookshelf mini HiFi system combining an AM/FM Stereo receiver with a flip clock and an inbuilt cassette deck. Just to round things off there are two additional inputs, auxiliary and phono turntable (ceramic cartridge) so you can connect modern devices too. The whole unit can be used as an alarm clock too (with a sleep function).
          The unit came to us in pretty good cosmetic condition, and even has its original instruction book. As you would imagine for something 43 years old the electronics were another story so we’ve thoroughly restored it back to 100% operational... Now it’s sounding good… imagine it sitting on your bookshelf! Have a look for yourself – it’s at the Reclaimed Audio space at Camp Hill Antique Centr

Click image for larger version

Name:	Suraga.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	25449

Greg

Comment

Well, I found this obscure item:

Wagner SG3023B Radio Unknown to us - Worldwide, build 1980 ?? (radiomuseum.org)

Comment

Working...
            X