Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clock Rotor i.d. help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clock Rotor i.d. help needed

Hello,
    Among other things, I'm a Telechron rotor collector. The display box (see first picture) is full and the rotors will be moved to a larger box soon, so I thought some Telechron rotor copies could also be included. Below are a few of them but I am looking for positive identification so they can be labeled correctly.

Can anyone identify the maker of the first three rotors shown below? Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

The first one is stamped "LR-15-1" and "T10401J" and "60Hz". It is 1.260" (32mm) in diameter and has an 8 tooth pinion. There's a Mackey video for a Panasonic clock that contains an identical rotor. Was the rotor made by Panasonic? or were they just the user? If not Panasonic, does anyone know the maker?
    Attached Files

Comment

The next one has a paper label that is marked "GBM.6B2" and "61202" and the case is marked 60 (for 60 Hz). It is 1.153" (29.28mm) in diameter and has a 10 tooth pinion. There's a posting by Mark2266 that shows a similar rotor and says it's by Sankyo. Can anyone confirm that this is a Sankyo rotor? If so, was Sankyo the maker, or just the user of the rotor?
      Attached Files

Comment

Another one has no markings except for "60 C" (for 60 Hz) stamped into the end. It is 1.1" (27.9mm) in diameter and has a 10 tooth pinion. Does anyone know the maker of this rotor?
        Attached Files

Comment

The last one has been identified as a Sunbeam rotor. It is 1.248" (31.7mm) in diameter and has an 8 tooth pinion. If anyone doesn't agree that it was made by Sunbeam, let me know.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by P-Loft View Post
            Another one has no markings except for "60 C" (for 60 Hz) stamped into the end. It is 1.1" (27.9mm) in diameter and has a 10 tooth pinion. Does anyone know the maker of this rotor?
            This particular unit "might" be a Toshiba. Toshiba was known for making slightly modified copies of the Telechron "S" series. The telltale indication was a larger field coil portion on the back. Most of the Toshiba motors like this were VA-82 3.6RPM models. The Toshibas motors I have restored were also stamped with the VA-82 model number on the body. So, this one may not be one of those, but it looks similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Engineer View Post

This particular unit "might" be a Toshiba...
              Thanks for the lead. That will give me something else to search for.

Comment

Working...
              X