Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tamura Lumitime R-111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamura Lumitime R-111

So, recently I spotted THIS on eBay and put in a stock bid not expecting to win. Usually Lumitime clocks go for crazy money. But then no one else bid, so I got it. As promised, here it is!

Click image for larger version  Name:	5404dc5e5407059a50667c4351757da2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.6 KB ID:	20673

What a monster! 3.5" floppy disk for scale. When plugged in it "sometimes" lights up, but is dead silent- no motor noise, and the radio is definitely out. I expect this one is going to need some serious work. Lucky me, all my major projects just wrapped up, so I've got time to tackle it. Stay tuned, I'll have plenty more on this beauty soon!

That floppy disc sure does bring back memories. I remember putting windows 95 on a machine. disc one, disc two, disc three .... man.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Nice machine. BE CAREFUL of the front switch mechanisms. They are cam/cog/gear craziness if it is similar to the last Lumitime I worked on. Take pics of each section as you disassemble...it was what saved me.

Comment

I second that with regard to the cam/cog/gear mechanism! I ended up buying a 2nd machine to reference (it's on its way as we speak) because I did not take enough pictures

Comment

oh , man...that's too bad. At least you have 2 now

I almost didn't get mine back together!

Comment

Sounds like I'll be breaking out the video camera to watch over the whole arrangement while I work. Many thanks for the heads up!

I'll see if I can get enough decent photos together here too.

Comment

Working...
            X