Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving Text Coca Cola Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Text Coca Cola Clock

Another advertising oddity I've caught in my latest search, here's a fairly standard Coca Cola branded clock featuring an unusual lighted array in the center. This module displays three messages on a loop. It's not computerized, so I suspect it's an AC motor and some clever "screen" work over a fixed light source that generates the text. That sufficed it in my mind to be both "electromechanical" and "odd" enough to warrant inclusion here. The listing can be found HERE.

Click image for larger version

Name:	76957bd439c3a12f8f3c888935285c63.png
Views:	115
Size:	580.4 KB
ID:	20152

According to the label, it's an Everbrite Electric Signs Model CO35 Speller Clock.

Name:	ca22576f10a9766b5a10101469655e33.png
Views:	99
Size:	524.0 KB
ID:	20154

The seller also included one photo where the text is transitioning from one set to another.

Name:	6c296a09201fa1a8cc7124c8c80794d0.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	20155

Comment

Again, I would assume that from the design, layout, and time period this would be an all-mechanical arrangement that would do that- but if there's something else at play here I'd be keen to know how it works. Unfortunately, $100 is a little steep for me to justify my curiosity on this particular listing, so i welcome any insight into this one. Thanks all!

Comment

I get to see the inside of many people's homes and have seen a few Coke rooms that this would go well in. I like Coke but not a collector except for my coke wall flip clock.
        ~ Mackey Site Administrator
        If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
        If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

As an oddity I can certainly understand why you would be all over this.... Slight too odd for me to ponder on purchasing it.

Comment

Working...
          X