Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Berlin 'Mengenlehreuhr' (=learning how to count)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berlin 'Mengenlehreuhr' (=learning how to count)

There's a Wikipedia page on the clock:

The first row of lights is to be multiplied by 5, you add the number on the 2nd row to get the hour (24h time format). On the 3rd row, there's a division between every 10 minutes per hour, every 10 minutes is show by 2 different lights, when the first light is burning, it means that you take the number 5 and add the number of lights shown thereunder, and so on and so on. I think the wikipedia page explains it fairly well too.

I like the idea and at first thought, it feels a bit too complicated, but I am sure that you will get used to it quickly should you put this unit up in your house.
    Finden Sie Top-Angebote für Mengenlehre Berlin Uhr Design Wanduhr Elektrouhr Nixie Klappzahlen bei eBay. Kostenlose Lieferung für viele Artikel!

It seems like a clock for a mathematician! I think it would be great for a star trek fan - looks like it would fit right in on Star Trek set.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trek.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	19237
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

If the squares were blinking as well, it would indeed fit right in! Would be neat if they made this into a wrist-watch-version as well!

Comment

Working...
      X