Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital LCD/LED Sankyo clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital LCD/LED Sankyo clock

This one is a bit different from the 'rollers' normally coming along, made by Sankyo. I do like it, but the price needs to go down a bit more for me to take a punt at it. Who knows, I have seen it on ebay for a while now, fingers crossed
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Sankyo Digit Alarm Clock Vintage Wood Grain model EC 1200 SN at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

That's a Vacuum Fluorescent Display. The VFD display is starting to dim which means it's on the way out. They will eventually go completely out and there is no real way to refresh them. There is a trick with VFD displays that are dim, however. You can get them to brighten with a little more (2 or 3 volts) voltage to the circuit that drives them, but it is only a temp fix and may even accelerate their demise.

It's a bummer because VFD displays are really cool.

Comment

That is good to know but also a bummer, I will steer clear from this one then...

Comment

Love the styling on it, shame it's on it's last legs.

Comment

Working...
        X