Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic RC-6900 (Techmoan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic RC-6900 (Techmoan)

Retro technology YouTube star Techmoan has a mint-in-box Panasonic RC-6900 he intends to get working. Not a flip clock (alas) but still an interesting retro clock explored with top-tier cameras and a lot of history and information sprinkled in. If nothing else, it is neat to see what a "new" alarm clock from this era would have looked like in the packaging. Enjoy!

That is one insane machine, imagine if they would have made that with a flip clock...

Comment

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
      That is one insane machine, imagine if they would have made that with a flip clock...
      I wonder if they might have- this was their "first" talking clock, but there very well may be more. I don't know enough about Panasonic's early range to really say, but pairing a flipper with that seems possible to my eye.

Comment

I have seen some of those on Ebay from time to time. They look really cool. Great design. I almost bought one in nice shape, but got distracted by something shiny...

Comment

the video is good stuff in that sense, it shows there are some really unique components in there that can actually break down and would be impossible to replace other than from a parts clock, which would also be of the same age...

Comment

Originally posted by Engineer View Post
            I have seen some of those on Ebay from time to time. They look really cool. Great design. I almost bought one in nice shape, but got distracted by something shiny...
            Do you recall what they usually sold for back before the video? Right after the "tech" YouTubers post a feature, prices on the showcased item usually jump quite a bit it seems.

Comment

I don't recall...I didn't pay very close attention to it at the time for whatever reason. I don't recall being horrified by the price at the time so it was probably reasonable.

Comment

Yeah the ones I've saw soldl for around $40-$75

Comment

Spotted one of these in the wild today. Listing is HERE.

Click image for larger version

Name:	19443fa342df7c3bf60e12f552137b5a.png
Views:	83
Size:	537.4 KB
ID:	20144

Comment

Liked that the tag on the cord is still there on this one. Don't see that much on these old clocks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	92348353dff89677ea7062340ed74e82.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	20146

Comment

Working...
                    X