Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a flip clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a flip clock

Hi,

Full disclosure, I am not working a flipclock but my good buddy has one that we will be working on in the future.

Currently I am working on a relative of the flip clock, a digital. Panasonic RC-6610. I need help locating a light bulb to back light the radio dial. I am the original owner of this clock. I received it for xmas way back in 1981 or 82. I put it away for a while an over that while a cap, 1000uF 16v, leaked out and wrecked a few traces on the circuit board. I also found a few cracked solder joints around the speaker jacks. This radio has modular speaker. It kind of looks like a little boom box. Any help locating the part number and means to purchase a bulb is appreciated. I saw a video of a overhaul of a Panasonic RC 6000-something series and the bulb looked similar so I thought I would ask.

Thanks for any help.
    Todd

If you have a picture that would help.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Okay. My cap just arrived today and will be installing it an repairing bad traces. Is the voltage for those lights AC or DC? My guess is AC but didn't really look to see if the signal was rectified after the transformer. I will also get a picture. It has white lead with white shrink on the bulb. I have already cut off the shrink.

Comment

Oh!! I checked with my friend. His flip is the General Electric 7-4426B flip clock radio.

Comment

Comment

I did purchase a service manual off ebay. It's not here yet. I did get the cap in an patched in a couple wire. Everything is back up an running. The dial light is out as expected. I took a measurement. I check both Ac setting and DC setting.

In DC I get 13.7v and if I switch leads -13.7.
            In AC I read 30v and if I switch leads 0.

The reading correspond meaning the lead orientation that gives me 13.7 on DC gives me 30 on AC. When leads are in the -13.7 DC I read 0 in AC setting.

Comment

I am going to get my O scope and take a look. Just lazy to get it out.

Comment

Wow. It is DCV. Floats around 14 VDC.

Side note - I have a heck of time trying to get photos to fit. Any suggestion? I try different resolutions and cropping. This one I tried sideways because it met the requirements.

Comment

Okay. The service manual came in today.

Ref. No. E4
                  Part. No. XAMR48T150
                  Description - Pilot Lamp, 12V, 40mA

Comment

Working...
                  X