Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EGO POWER+ 16 in. POWERLOAD™ String Trimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGO POWER+ 16 in. POWERLOAD™ String Trimmer

Click image for larger version  Name:	EgoTrimmer.png Views:	0 Size:	22.5 KB ID:	25540

Introducing the EGO POWER+ 16 in. POWERLOAD™ String Trimmer, the world’s most advanced trimmer featuring the world’s first LINE IQ™ technology. Auto-sensing technology monitors and feeds the length of the line for a continuous 16” cutting swath delivering non-stop high-performance trimming. No bump needed! Patented POWERLOAD™ technology automatically winds your trimmer line. Replacing your string line is as easy as feeding the line into the head and pressing a button! A carbon fiber shaft makes it the strongest string trimmer on the market – backed by a lifetime warranty. With its telescopic design, quickly adjust the shaft length for ease of use and comfort. Get over 60-minutes of continuous cut time when used with the included EGO 56V 4.0 Ah ARC Lithium™ battery. This revolutionary trimmer is also built with digital variable speed, a high-efficiency brushless motor, and 0.095" professional cutting line. Experience Power Beyond Belief™ without the noise, fuss, or fumes.
    At Lowes

I got a Lowes gift card for hitting 10 years at my current company (that's the longest I've stayed with any company due to giving myself raises by changing jobs). Anyway, they gave me $200. I hate spending money, except on flip clocks, and I wanted to try a battery powered "weed wacker."
    I was going to get the $199 model, but with my military discount and use of the gift card I only had to pay $100 and some cents to get this top of the line model.

I actually am looking forward to wacking some weeds! It's got some real power, you can feel it. It's going to be nice to wack weeds without hearing protection. The carbon fiber clearly makes the machine lighter than it would be. The heaviest component is the battery. These electronic device have come a long way since I last tried them (probably 15 years ago).
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Sounds like an interesting device. I currently have a Makita, battery powered one and am happy with that and also have a lot of weed to wack so am always interested in other options out there. Would be good to have some feedback on that one, if it is available in Europe for that matter.

Comment

• Mackey
      Mackey commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard the Makita's were rated higher than the ego.

WOW what is LINE IQ? is it self aware? TERMINATOR 12: The Wacker...This time it's Personal
    ps I just got a stick vac. it's a Dirt Devil.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyofthelord View Post
      WOW what is LINE IQ? is it self aware? TERMINATOR 12: The Wacker...This time it's Personal
      ps I just got a stick vac. it's a Dirt Devil.
      I don't even know what it's actual IQ is. I'm going to find out today.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

That looks like a nice machine.

I’m looking for one with a pivotal head so I can edge with it also. My 36V black and Decker is 5yrs old and the battery struggles on the charger now. I bought 1 extra spool for it, so I have an spare if the line runs out. The replacement line is cheap. I just rewind them as they runout.

Electric yard tools are really good now. My two cycle gas model was loud and a pain to start at times.

Comment

Working...
        X