Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I got this Wynford Hall flip clock...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got this Wynford Hall flip clock...

Greetings! A year or two ago I bought a Wynford Hall Digital Clock Radio at a rummage sale, like the one shown below in somebody else's video.
    (see post below)
    Mine is in better shape, and works less the bulb for the clock part needing replacement, a job I've put off so far and would be clueless on without the info supplied by Mackey.\

Really, that's about the only info I see online about it at all, as there is no model number visible.

I am generally a fan of mechanical items, and have a definite nostalgic streak. I know my grandmother had some flip clock radio by her bedside, and it was a novelty at the time in the mid-80s.
    Last edited by Patrick; June 21, 2018, 01:08 PM. Reason: youtube embedding fail

This was meant to go in the first post, but I had technical difficulties. Not my clock, but appears to be the same model.

Comment

You rascal. You flipped the default avatar.
      I caught that. An image pun. Very good.
      ~ Mackey Site Administrator
      If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
      If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

I will try to get some photos up soon, but it is the same model as in that video. It keeps time and the radio works well, and it seems to have aged well with the exception of the super-dim bulb on the clock. Will those fabricated replacements ever be available again or should I just head off to the model train shop?
        I'm such a newb that I don't even know what might be of interest once the cover is off.

Comment

Working...
        X