Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Sydney Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Sydney Australia

Hi there all, I joined the forum to assist my daughter in her high school project. She is an art student and has purchased a battery powered flip clock. She wants to change the timing of the minutes flipping from 60 seconds to 5 seconds and make the hour to not flip.

I am totally unable to help here in this, but I thought someone on t is forum may be able to steer us in the right direction. I'll post details soon on the model and some images. In the interim, is it possible to achieve this?

This is a tall order. There will be no way to even begin to help unless we know the model. This is almost certainly going to involve changing the gearing of the clock and of course some way disconnect the hours. Again, this will depend upon the model of the clock. Getting a clock like this to consistently drop a tile every five seconds is going to be very difficult - the precision is just not built into these clocks for that.
    But first, what model are we talking about?

Welcome to the forum by the way!
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
    X