Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, New Here

Hello, My name is Levi and I'm 35 years old and I'm self taught in repairing Electronics and clocks and antique fans.
    I've been fascinated by the flip-dial clock ever since I was little because I just loved watching the number plates drop (my parents had one of these clocks when I was a kid, it was a GE Clock radio but it wasn't functioning by the time I was old enough to know what it was so me and my cousin and sister used to use it like a "timer" and time our laps when we would race around the house by spinning the time set knob.)
    Anyways it was always a dream of mine to find one that was in working order and actually worked as intended and I did finally find one about 10 years ago, it was a Sony Digimatic Clock Radio from the early 1970s that looked like the one seen below, and it was in perfect working order except the light for the alarm set dial, but the clock mechanism (which used a Copal Motor) was still functioning on it and also the radio still worked on it including the back light for the tuning dial, but then one day the alarm decided it would start going off without even being set to go off, and so a friend of my housemate who I was living with at the time told me he could take a look at it for me, and I sent it with him, but then unfortunately I never saw the clock ever again, which really bummed me out.
    So since then I had been on the look out for a new one, and I did finally find one at a local antique mall another Sony Digimatic, but this one didn't have a functioning clock mechanism, and I'll leave it at that for now, because I can tell you more about the clock later elsewhere on the forum.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sony Digimatic Clock Radio.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.0 KB ID:	29018
    The picture above is a picture that I grabbed off the internet
    that shows the same model of clock radio that I had which was
    my first fully functional flip-dial clock radio that I bought at Goodwill for $5 about 10 years ago.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GE Clock Radio.jpg Views:	0 Size:	282.2 KB ID:	29019
    The clock radio above was my very first encounter with a flip-dial clock radio,
    which is discussed above, it was a non-functional unit, that was my mom's originally.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CaptainClock12; October 31, 2023, 01:18 PM.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for joining up.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Working...
    X