Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing my prized 200lb flip clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing my prized 200lb flip clock

I usually start with my favorite of the bunch, you are looking at a Sony LV1901-D from 1975. This was THE first home video recording device released to to the consumer market featuring the very first betamax recorder, dual tuners and timer vie the built in flip clock. I am so very fortunate to have found one in this condition and no farther than 3 miles from my own house amazingly enough.
    Also in the photo are 2 analog GE clocks from the 60's, C-450C and C-1540A, and an Atari 2600.
    I will upload.some photos of the rest of my collection soon.
    ​​​

Amazing...
    Quick search found this:
    "Sony Color TV Console LV-1901. Introduced in May 10th of 1975 with a price tag of $2,495"

This was some serious amount of cash back then.

How much did you pay for it in this condition and does it work?
    Love the Atari. Grew up with one

Comment

• TheLohr
      TheLohr commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, this was super high end back in the day, I knew about it but never would have even thought to trouble myself to look for one, I did not think it was something that would ever be found. Found it quite by accident in my own neighborhood and paid $400 for it a bit over a year ago. It is actually in almost perfect condition, just a small chip in the veneer on the bottom of one side and the tube looks to have a lot of hours on it but everything works perfectly. It even came with about 20 betamax tapes with recorded TV from the 70's that I am still going through. I even recorded the original commercial for this unit along with some other promotional material for it from YouTube into a betamax tape that I play on it for demonstration.

Never seen a set up like this. Superb.
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

What a beast of a machine! Never knew that flip clocks and VCR's overlapped in time. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
      X