Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Berkeley California!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Berkeley California!

Hello flipclockfans! My name is Jun(33/M) and live in Berkeley California. Growing up in the 90s I had an old soundesign flip clock I used pretty much for 10+ years. I absolutely loved that clock. Rummaging through my old things I found my old clock. Plugged it in and noticed the motor was no longer spinning. I was devastated. After some research I came across Mackey's tutorial on how to bring a motor back to life. I did exactly as he said gave it a gentle bath in 91% isopropyl. Bam! Came right back to life! Thanks Mackey!

Since then I've purchased and restored , added modern lighting to a Panasonic rc-6551(http://i.imgur.com/KyTEed6.jpg) and I have an rc-7469 on the way.

I find these old flip clocks extremely fascinating and have a charm modern clocks do not have. I plan on building quite the collection so I'll definitely be here from time to time so please feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks again Mackey!

-Jun

Working...
X