Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetting from TAIWAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetting from TAIWAN

hello! everyone:

I come from Taiwan . I really like the flip clock. I bought my first one was in Japan 20 years ago. (sould be SEIKO DP690T). because I like the shape from 60's to 90's. and then I start my little collection of flip clock.but i don't really know about the history or something. While I travel to visit fleamarket in Japan. I always take one or 2 flip clocks. Now I have about 15 .About 3 years ago . I found one of my flip clock with lamp (National) stop working. I try to fix it. but have no idea. I am not good at the mechanical or electronic. I afraid to crush my flip clock. till recently I search on yotube that should be Mackey's channel. I learned from it and I made my clock work! what amazing! Even if it's just lubricating the motor. But I am so appropriate. Then I try to fix other clock. But getting harder. Such as the gear was broken(especially "sankyo" & "National"). I can find the components. Anyway the broken clock still cool in my room.I found the forum that so interesting! Actually I am a graphic design teacher in high school and I want to learn more about design principle of flip clock or the aesthetics.And I found here now! I am going to read the article to realize more about flip clock. I just read about the story of "copal 101" so funny.I really enjoyed it. I hope I could get the clock back to work.

the forum light up something in my mine thanks a lot.

So glad that you joined us!
    ~ Mackey Site Administrator
    If you have any questions/comments Contact Me
    If you're not a member, you should consider joining!

Comment

Originally posted by iamahray View Post
      hello! everyone:

I come from Taiwan . I really like the flip clock. I bought my first one was in Japan 20 years ago. (sould be SEIKO DP690T). because I like the shape from 60's to 90's. and then I start my little collection of flip clock.but i don't really know about the history or something. While I travel to visit fleamarket in Japan. I always take one or 2 flip clocks. Now I have about 15 .About 3 years ago . I found one of my flip clock with lamp (National) stop working. I try to fix it. but have no idea. I am not good at the mechanical or electronic. I afraid to crush my flip clock. till recently I search on yotube that should be Mackey's channel. I learned from it and I made my clock work! what amazing! Even if it's just lubricating the motor. But I am so appropriate. Then I try to fix other clock. But getting harder. Such as the gear was broken(especially "sankyo" & "National"). I can find the components. Anyway the broken clock still cool in my room.I found the forum that so interesting! Actually I am a graphic design teacher in high school and I want to learn more about design principle of flip clock or the aesthetics.And I found here now! I am going to read the article to realize more about flip clock. I just read about the story of "copal 101" so funny.I really enjoyed it. I hope I could get the clock back to work.

the forum light up something in my mine thanks a lot.

Hi,

I am also in Taiwan. You can send a message to me. Maybe we could have some discussion.

Comment

• iamahray
        iamahray commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello!~eathan21 前輩您好 看見同樣來自台灣的朋友很開心。不過我是新手很不常上來,因為英文也不夠好 哈哈,這裡很多厲害的高手玩翻頁中很有心得,我自己從十幾年前從日本很隨興的收集到最近幾年才開始因為有幾 台時鐘停了,才開始自己拆開保養(談不上維修),因為我本身從事設計工作,所以也試著從我收集的時鐘裡觀察 一些設計發佈一些心得,如果有什麼問題需要請教,麻煩您不吝嗇指導啦!

Taiwan tooo~~~

Comment

Working...
      X