Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Singapore

Hi , am from Singapore, have 2 flip clocks that is working but doesn't keep good time. Looking for Copal motor replacement if there is any NOS.

Here is my 2 flip clocks.

Comment

Welcome to this wonderful and quirky forum!

You have 2 nice clocks! Unfortunately, there is no such thing as 'new old stock' available. I have quite a large collection of used motors and parts thereof and might have 1 or 2 new old stock motors somewhere but since there were more than a 100 variants of Copal motors over the years, I doubt I have the one you seek and furthermore, they are not for sale .
      Usually they can be reconditioned quite easily though, as long as the gears inside look good with no major wear and also as long as the coil is still working, you have not much to worry about.

Since you mention that they are not keeping good time, is it possible that your clocks are switchable between 50hz and 60hz and that perhaps the setting is not correct? When that is not the case, it is possible that there is a part-stripped gear in the motor. This can also be fixed without replacing the entire motor...

I suggest you check all this and then report back to us, ideally in a separate topic in the repairs section of the forum. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X