Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from California - New Hobby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from California - New Hobby!

It was just a few weeks ago that I said "I wonder if the old school flip clocks are a thing?" I quickly went to eBay and was surprised at the resale value being high on many different models. Well I purchased two GE 7-4305's with non-working clocks for about $15 each shipped, and a GE 7-4321C for $5 (no one bid against me??) that actually works just fine. From basic tinkering, I discovered that the Telechron motors for the 4305's were both bad. I took one of the motors apart by removing the epoxy, cleaning it with IPA, sewing machine oil at the pivot points, and it now keeps time within 2-seconds per 24 hours. I have however ordered two "new-old-stock" motors as the sealed motors don't really look to be considered serviceable. I also replaced the bulbs by soldering in new CEC lamps with 30k resistors. I'm going to ship one off to my brother and see if he gets bitten by the clock hobby bug. . . .

Welcome fellow Californian. I'm in Santa Monica, CA. vintage flip clocks have become very collectable. the flip clock that was in the movie "Groundhog day" has become the Holy Grail of flip clocks with the "Back to the future" a close second. I have both that I got about 2 years ago for under 200.00. now I can get 600.00 for the Groundhog day clock. Anyhow if you need any help, let us know. send photos of your clocks. love to see them.

Comment

Working...
    X