Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Acquired 9 Flip Clocks/Cyclometers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Acquired 9 Flip Clocks/Cyclometers

As of today, I guess I've become a clock collector. Here is the bounty from my first acquisitions:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	241770251_10165994569335355_548135079008079469_n.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	22109

I'll be going back to my source later this morning to acquire more. I just started to learn of the value of some of these clocks, which is what is prompting a return visit.

I'm in Clearwater, FL and I also collect vintage bakelite radios and black & white TVs such as Philco Predictas.

Now I have to start to learn how to restore and maintain these clocks.

Hi Ben,

Welcome to this wonderful forum! That is quite the find you have there and there are even some actual flip clocks too although a lot of fans here also have a bit of a weak spot for the so-called drumrollclocks.

I recognize a lot of the models, not the one on the top left? What is that? The part of the large (wall?)clock on the very right of the picture also intrigues me.

Keep us in the loo when there is anything left when you are finished at your source

Comment

Welcome Ben!
      That is a very impressive start of a collection.
      Please keep us updated on what more you bring in!

Comment

My collection has grown considerably in the last day. The majority are cyclometers, but I do have some flips.

Name:	242007900_10165997043315355_5728180344367739995_n.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	456.2 KB
ID:	22116

Comment

Here's my favorite flip clock from my recent acquisitions... can you tell me anything about it? I've only seen a single photo online on pinterest, which leads to a dead ebay listing.

Name:	IMG_6097.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	490.7 KB
ID:	22119
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by flipclock_nl View Post
            I recognize a lot of the models, not the one on the top left? What is that? The part of the large (wall?)clock on the very right of the picture also intrigues me.
            I'd love to know more about this battery powered cyclometer. Googling the name on the front didn't bring anything up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6138.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.1 KB ID:	22121

The wall clock is something that I acquired for a friend who just re-wired it (it was missing the cord) and will be reselling it. Here's what it looks like before being cleaned. If you're interested, I can connect you to my friend... just send me a PM with your info. But do so soon since I already forwarded another persons info to him yesterday.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	65323136685__82069C71-7B84-4768-913B-6A22E8B59FC0.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.2 KB ID:	22122

Comment

Here are some of the things that I did not acquire. The flip clock in the upper left was not working, while the one below that is new in the box. Then there where some military time and industrial cyclometers.

Name:	Leftovers.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	602.8 KB
ID:	22125

Comment

Wow, quite the haul I must say. You have some pretty uncommon ones, the longer aluminum Howard Miller flip clock had one sell on ebay recently.

Comment

• Ben Willmore
                  Ben Willmore commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for pointing that out. I plan to sell at least half of the collection and I know my copy of that clock works and is in pretty decent shape, so it might be the first to go to eBay. I'm only selling to finance other vintage acquisitions and keep my wife happy that it's not just an expense to acquire stuff.
              Working...
              X