Welcome!

Welcome to the forum for collectors, restorers and fans of flip clocks. Please Sign Up if you would like to take part.

By the way, signing up is free..

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copal motor replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copal motor replacement

Hi,
    I got this nice Sony Digimatic ratio-flipclock, which works well, except of the flip-clock :-(
    I opened it - it has a Copal II motor, that does not move at all. I lubricated it pretty well, yet did not help.
    So I wonder if anyone knows where can I get a replacement for such a motor? It is 50 Hz 220V, and labeled GC2349. I couldn't find anything on the web.
    Thanks,
    Yoav

Welcome to this forum! Can you perhaps post some pictures of the motor? I have some unlabeled Sony motors here for replacement, but would need to know if they fit your clock.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	110.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	18962 Click image for larger version

Name:	100.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	18965 Thanks! hope these help Click image for larger version

Name:	120.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	18963
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that! The ones I have here are unfortunately all different from the one you need, so not a one-on-one replacement. If it is the electrical part of the motor that is broken, you might be able to use one of mine to combine if with yours to make a working and fitting motor.

No guarantees that this will fit though, although I suspect there is a pretty good chance of it working.

Comment

Just by sheer coincidence, I am working on a different flip clock today (Music Air - 10F-2Y), this has a similar type motor, Copal II, but it looks different from yours, but the cover over the motor still says GC-2349, same as yours. One of the two must therefore be incorrect I would say... I am not sure if my clock has been opened up before, it is possible.

Comment

Working...
          X